I read an article today on Facebook saying 160 countries are set to sign up to the worlds “DEAL” to TACKLE and COMBAT climate change today, Friday, earth day. How ironic.
“Climate Change” What exactly is climate change? Change to what, exactly? Does anyone know? Does anyone care? The climate changes every day. We have winter, summer, autumn and spring. We have hot weather and cold weather. We have rain and we have sunshine. So what change are we going for? No one really knows and to be quiet frank I am not sure anyone really cares to find out.
As usual, there is nothing good in this DEAL for us, or for the planet. And as usual while the DEAL is being signed we have been once again distracted.
PRICE IS DEAD OMG! And the world has signed away it’s right to be free and take care of it’s planet.
Well Mr. David Cameron. That’s okay . If we told you not to sign, if we matched, if we protested, even if we caused a riot and a scene, if we put up placards you would do what you had to do any way. You have giving us the climate change party, you wrote the slogan and the manifesto, you have scared us shirtless with you propaganda, I am beginning to think I need to go to the north pole myself to see if the snow has really melted. As usual Mr Cameron, the government of the world have pissed in our eyes and called it rain. You desire climate change! You wish for it! You created it! And you think we can do nothing about it. YOU ARE SO MISTAKEN, YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH!!!
The world is awake! In my country we say “La Ter eclewa” We are enlightened. We know better.Go ahead, sign you treaties and your DEALs, believe your illusions that you have the power. That was yesterday’s news, today is a different day. The world has taken back it’s power.
The change you seek, is change in your pockets. The change you seek only serves to dis empower the rest of the world and allow you your freedom to finish off what you have started. You and you fellow world leaders.
The UN Framework Convention on climate change reached it land mark on 12th December 2016 after four years of negotiations and two decades of global climate efforts. And during that time we have experienced the worse climate ever. It never crossed you mind that you and your fellow world leaders are creating this with the help of all of us. Maybe that was where you were going in the first place? hhhmmhh? As I said, you are pissing in our eye and you call it rain. But it is not rain.
- Reaffirm the goal of limiting global temperature rise to 2 degrees while urging effort to limit it to 1.5. Why increase it at all, especially when this has been the average level of the resent increase which brought us to where you say we don’t want to be?
- Establish binding commitments by all parties to make Nationally Determined Contributions NDCs. Do you think we are stupid, Mr Prime Minister? Why have a DEAL signed, if the the contributions are determined by each country? Why the need for it to be binding? Another Law, another restriction. If you want “climate change why should you be bound to it?
- Commit all Countries to report regularly on their emission, and have their progress towards achieving their NDCs reviewed. Not commit to a reduction but commit to reporting. Seriously, whose running the world, what must you be thinking?
- Commit to submission of new NDCs every five years. In other words don’t worry if your emission increase just increase you NDC budget, that’s okay.
- Reaffirm binding obligation of developed countries to support developing countries, while for the first time the developing countries can make contribution. Really?
- Extend the current goal of mobilizing $100 Billion a year in support to 2020 with the intention to increase this to a higher goal by 2025. And now we see what this whole deal is about. As usual Money. Where is this 100 billion going to be spent? I may not be a world leader be I think if you wish to limit the gas emission and stop the temperature from rising it would be best to get back to nature, back to the land, not produce more, to sell more, to reach the 100 billion target. what are we going to do with it? PAY GOD TO REDUCE THE TEMPERATURE AND STOP THE CARBON FOOTPRINT? Mr Cameron, you and your world leaders may fool many people a lot of the time, but you can’t fool me. I see all of it. You don’t want climate to change for the better, you want it worse so you can scare the world into working so hard to pay more taxes to give you and your boys some change in your pockets. I LOL!
- Extend a mechanism to address “loss and damage” resulting from climate change, which EXPLICITLY will NOT “involve or provide a basis for liability or compensation. Need I say more? I almost puked reading this. This states clearly and any primary school child can explain it. YOU WILL NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE! But that’s okay, Mr Obama, it okay Mr Cameron, it okay to all the world leaders. You may not be accountable to us, the citizens of the world, but, you will account. One way or another, this is how the world work. “whosoever diggeth a pit shall fall in it, you bury in it”
- Require international emission trading to avoid double counting. What? So you can now claim that your emission is mine and mine is yours? please….
- Call for emission reductions in one country to be counted towards another country. The last two are saying the same thing, world leaders, we are not stupid. we not fools. get off your high horses and be normal. this is your world too. you have no escape. Or do you?
The french president was given great thanks for for his “deft” diplomacy in getting this DEAL signed. What is “deft?” OH now I realize why France was in the news so much leading up to and during the summit. Terror attach after terror attach. Threat after threat.
You can think the world is asleep all you want, you can think we don’t read, all we do is watch TV. You may think”I can sell ice to these Eskimos” but you are wrong. Mr. David Cameron take you DEAL and stick where the sun don’t shine. The sun shines over here. I am in Northern Ireland and the sun is shining and it is 11 degrees and we love it. And we are happy with our climate and we say to you, sign you treaties, celebrate your DEALS but leave our climate to us. We may not see the big picture, but we know someone who does. And we are close, that one and us. And we know that one has the power to say” let there be light” and for there to be light. Or “let there be fishes of many kinds” and for multitude of fishes to appear.
So we say, the climate is fine. We don’t desire change. it is perfect. We can control our weather, we know how now. We can make it warm or cold, we can create ice, rain or sunshine. You don’t even know what we can do.
TAKE YOUR DEAL AND STUFF IT.
Happy earth day everyone….